Choose Your Keyword
- Keep it short and easy to remember.
- Marketers should lock down key words and phrases typically associated with their businesses and then consider natural language search phrases that customers might be using to find them. (Source)
- For example, to run a wedding day promotion you could choose “YourWedding” (all one word).
Give Your Subscriber List A Cool Name To Help You Stay Organized
- Example: “Awesome News and Updates”
- Example: ” May Birthday”
- Example: “Free Beer Campaign”
The Call-To-Action (CTA)
- A piece of content intended to induce a viewer, reader, or listener to perform a specific act, typically taking the form of an instruction or directive.
- For example, buy now or click here.
- Create a Compelling Signup Option.
- Be sure to include a compelling graphic of the gift or other perks you are offering.
Offer an Awesome Free Gift to Subscribers
- Offer an Awesome Free Gift to Subscribers. Coupons, One Time discounts, Buy One, Get One. It is worth your time to create two or more lead magnets and find out which work best for you. Different offers attract different people.
- “A Valassis coupon intelligence report indicates that 70% of shoppers are influenced by discounts and 80% admit to making a purchase for a product they would not have otherwise made due to a coupon. It is also interesting to note that 40% of coupon users say coupons have prompted them into an online search of a product or service.” (source)
- Another survey found that not only do 25% of people redeem texted coupons within three days, but 60% also redeem them within a week” (source)
- Limited Time Offer
- Have a CTA on everything!
Display your Keywords and Sign Up Link
- Table Tents
- Menus and more
Display keywords and links to your list everywhere you possibly can. Although simple, this strategy is incredibly powerful if you put it into action you can start to spread your name far and wide and influence the masses.
Give People Multiple Reasons to Sign Up
- It’s hard to fit all of the reasons why someone should sign up to your SMS list into a sidebar form. One way that you can better convince people to sign up is by creating a 10 Reasons why “You Should Join my SMS List” page and linking to it under this form. Naturally, the page featuring these 10 reasons to join your list should have a sign-up call to action as well.
Try Different Campaigns
- Truth is, we all think differently! Every customer you have will be unique, so why would the same marketing work for every customer? Look at your demographic, are there different types of clients that visit your business?
- For example, a restaurant may have a huge age demographic between its 2 pm and 11 pm customer.
- Here are some ideas:
- Return Business
- Referral Programs
- Behavioral Marketing
- Local Employee Discounts
Optimize Your Website
- Become a Lead Capturing Machine – Publish your keyword and Call to Action on every page of your website. Make sure your call to action is placed in a prominent spot on your site – above the fold is best. Sire will help you to capture, store and manage SMS subscribers. Your users can either send a keyword to join your list(s), or they can sign up via a form, and that will trigger a confirmation via an API call. The more people that see your call to action, the more will use it.
- Track the clicks you get with Google Analytics or bit.ly short links to measure the effectiveness of your efforts.
Keep Sign up Form Fields to a Minimum
- The fewer fields you have in your sign up form the more people will sign up.
Leverage the Power of Social Media
- Article marketing is a way to spread your content across the web and get plenty of links back to your website in the process. The links and traffic you get from article marketing can help build your list and boost your Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Post Your SMS Offers on Your Blog
- If you post your SMS Offers on your blog this enables you to pick up extra traffic from people who find your blog in Google. Make sure to add as many relevant “tags” to your posts to help your content rank.
- Guest blogging is a great way to tap into larger audiences than your own and build your brand and your email list simultaneously. When you publish a guest post for another blog, they give you a signature line at the end where you can link back to your website. The optimal way to use this link is not to link to your main page, but to an optimized squeeze page within your website so that you capture the maximum amount of subscribers.
- Place your call to action in your email signature.
Offline Marketing (Business Cards)
- Traditional paper marketing can still work! Place your call to action on your business card, flyers, news letters etc!