You’ve seen it happen before. You’ve probably done it yourself. I know I have. Someone calls, you look at your screen, swipe to ignore, and then say aloud, “why can’t they just text me!” Over the last 7 years, phone calls have gone from being the primary form of communication to an annoyance. It’s no wonder:
- Americans text twice as much as they call.
- 15,220,700 texts are sent every minute with 6 billion sent in the U.S. every day.
- 97% of Americans text daily
But this isn’t just for personal use. 89% of consumers actually want to communicate with businesses via text!
Here are a few tips to make sure you run effective SMS marketing campaigns.
- Sound friendly, not corporate. Consumers want to feel a personal connection with a brand.
- Be direct. Consumers love texting for businesses because there is no fluff.
- Chill out. Don’t bombard your customers. We recommend 1-3 marketing texts per month.
- Interact and engage. Ask questions, send surveys, and request feedback to increase engagement and customer satisfaction.
- Make it worthwhile. Offer customers an incentive so they don’t opt out. You can learn how to select the right incentive by reading here.