You’ve seen it happen before. You’ve probably done it yourself. I know I have. Someone calls, you look at your screen, swipe to ignore, and then say aloud, “why can’t they just text me!” Well this is the reason why text marketing is so effective. Over the last 7 years, phone calls have gone from being the primary form of communication to an annoyance. It’s no wonder:
- Americans text twice as much as they call.
- 15,220,700 texts are sent every minute with 6 billion sent in the U.S. every day.
- 97% of Americans text daily
But this isn’t just for personal use. 89% of consumers actually want to communicate with businesses via text!
Here are a few tips to make sure you run effective SMS marketing campaigns.
- Sound friendly, not corporate. Consumers want to feel a personal connection with a brand.
- Be direct. Consumers love texting for businesses because there is no fluff.
- Chill out. Don’t bombard your customers. We recommend 1-3 marketing texts per month.
- Interact and engage. Ask questions, send surveys, and request feedback to increase engagement and customer satisfaction.
- Make it worthwhile. Offer customers an incentive so they don’t opt out. You can learn how to select the right incentive by reading here.